Before you begin
- You must be assigned to the promotion.
- Ensure that no other promotion is running at the same time on the same source and target environments.
- You must have access to at least one workspace in the target environment.
- Plans must be run at least once before they can be promoted.
About this task
It is the responsibility of the target environment owner to promote artifacts. In this case, no additional rights are required for users of the target environment to interact with the promoted artifacts.
When a promotion is over, you can refer to the Promote Report that lists the artifacts and workspaces promoted and the required user actions in the target environment (specify task parameters, configure new connections, pair new remote engines and so on).
Artifacts that cause errors and cannot be promoted are ignored.
- Open the Promotions page.
- Hover over the promotion you want to use and click the icon.
- On the Promote page in the Configuration step, select Environment as the scope of the promotion.
Specify how to
handle resources during the promotion.
Override Promoted resources take precedence over the target environment's resources. Keep target Existing resources are not affected by the promotion.
Specify how to
handle run profiles during the promotion.
Override Promoted run profiles take precedence over the target environment's run profiles. Keep target Existing run profiles are not affected by the promotion.
- Optionally, type in any information about the promotion in the Notes field.
The promotion analysis is displayed.The object is in one of the following promotion states:
Created The object does not exist in the target environment and will be created. Reused The object exists in the target environment with the same version. Replaced The object exists in the target environment and will be replaced by the source environment version. Failed The object cannot be promoted because of a conflict.
- If you agree with the promotion analysis, click Promote.
Once the promotion is done, either successfully or with warnings, the Promotion details page opens on the Run history tab. It indicates the status of your promotion. You can access the full promotion history for the promotion by clicking View history. If the promotion fails, a notification appears on the Promotion analysis page to show the promotion errors.