Before installing the Remote Engine Gen2, you need to make sure the following prerequisites are satisfied.
- To download the Remote Engine Gen2 archive, you must have Administrator rights for Talend Cloud Pipeline Designer.
- To create the Remote Engine Gen2 on Talend Cloud Management Console, you must have the PipelinesEngine Administrator role for Talend Cloud Pipeline Designer.
- To launch the execution script:
- You need to have installed Docker and Docker Compose.
- Compatible Docker versions:
- docker-compose v1.28 and onwards.
- docker compose plugin v2.6 and onwards.
If both binary and plugin are installed, docker compose plugin is selected by default.
- docker 20.x.
- Memory requirements: To run the engine on your machine, your Docker environment needs at least 8GB of memory.
- Port information: the Remote Engine Gen2 application uses port 9005. Make sure that your firewall allows connection on port 9005.