Retrieve the metadata of the SAP BW Advanced Data Store Object (ADSO) using the SAP metadata wizard.
- In the Repository tree view, right-click the newly created SAP connection and select Retrieve SAP BW metadata.
- Select AdvancedDataStoreObject from the Search in drop-down list.
Fill in the relevant information on the following fields:
Note: The filter criteria, Name and Description, act together as an OR operator.
- Name: enter the filter criterion for the object name
- Description: enter the filter criterion for the object description
- Click Search to list all the objects that match the filter criteria.
- Select the tables that you wish to retrieve by marking the checkbox in the Name column.
Wait for the Creation Status to display
The tables and their schemas of the selected objects are saved in the Repository tree.
Click Next to proceed to the next step.
All tables of the selected objects are listed in the Table Name area.
- Click Refresh Table to display the latest table schema in the Current Table area. You can modify the schema of the selected table in the Current Table area, if needed.
- Click Refresh Preview to preview data in the selected table, if needed.
- Click Finish to save the tables and their schemas in the Repository tree view.