Before running a preparation, you need to configure the run. The first step requires you to select or add the destination dataset.
Before you begin
A current limitation makes it not possible to run a preparation to datasets based on the following types of connections:
- Amazon DynamoDB (Database)
- Apache Kudu (Database)
- Azure Synapse (Database)
- SingleStore (Database)
- REST (Web services)
- FTP (File systems)
- Azure Event Hubs (Messaging)
- RabbitMQ (Messaging)
Click the Run button on the top right of the screen to
open the parameters panel.
Select a destination type from the following options:
- Existing dataset. Select the dataset you want to export the result of the preparation to from the list.
- New dataset. Give a name to the new dataset and specify the connection it will be based on.
- Current dataset. The dataset used as source for the preparation will be updated with the prepared data. This option is currently only available for JDBC datasets.
- Click Next.
Configure the additional parameters if needed.
The parameters displayed depend on the type of dataset selected. For more information about connectors, see Talend Cloud Apps Connectors Guide.
- Click Next to continue the run configuration.