Set up a custom connection for an artifact that interacts with Amazon RDS for Oracle.
Before you begin
- You must have the Manage permission enabled for the workspace where the connection is stored.
- Ensure that the connection to be matched in Studio does not use \ in its parameter values. When a connection needs to use \ to be interpreted as a special character, such as in \t, use \\ instead in both Studio and Talend Cloud Management Console.
About this task
Note: The artifact published from Talend Studio must include connection_ parameters. Refer to the Talend Studio User Guide for more information.
- Open the Management page.
- Go to the Connections tab.
- Select the environment using the faceted search at the top of the page.
- Click Add connection.
In the Add new connection wizard, select the workspace in which to create the connection.
The current workspace is selected by default.
- Select Custom connections from the Applications drop-down list.
- Change the Application Name to oracle.
- Enter Oracle as the connection name.
- Click Add parameter as many times as needed.
Define the parameter keys and enter the parameter values specific to the
Parameter Key in Talend Studio Parameter Key in Talend Cloud Management Console Parameter Value connection_oracle_database database myawsoracledb connection_oracle_schema schema myawsoracleschema connection_oracle_host host localhost connection_oracle_port port 1521 connection_oracle_username username awsuser connection_oracle_password password awspassword
- Click Save.
The connection has been created in your workspace.