Talend Cloud API Designer allows you to automatically configure a GitHub repository and populate it with your API Portal configuration and your API documentation. If you want to use a different source control provider, see Configuring your portal with another Git provider.
- Open Talend Cloud API Designer and go to the API Portal tab.
- Click Configure the API Portal.
Connect your GitHub repository:
- If you have not yet linked a GitHub account to Talend Cloud API Designer, click Link your GitHub account and authorize Talend to access your repositories.
- If your account is already linked, click Select a GitHub repository.
Select the repository to use:
- To create a new repository, select Create a new GitHub repository, select the owner and enter a name.
- To use an existing repository, select Use an existing GitHub repository and select the owner, the repository and the branch to use.
Click the Enable GitHub
Pages button and grant the GitHub workflow permission if you
want to automatically publish your portal to GitHub Pages.
This permission is needed to automatically configure GitHub Actions on your repository. You can also enable GitHub Pages later from the API Portal settings or manually from your repository. For more information, see the Deploying your portal with GitHub Pages.Note: This will overwrite any existing GitHub Pages configuration on your repository.
Click Select API Documentation to
The API Portal template is committed to the selected repository, on the selected branch if you used an existing repository, or on the
mainbranch if you created a new one. A list of publishable APIs appears.
Click the Publish button
next to the API that you want to publish.
Your API Portal repository is configured and your first API is published. You can now customize and deploy your portal.