- On each different business location (or machine), install a source engine and its database, as explained in Installing the source engines.
- On the central machine used to manage replications, install the Manager and start it. Subscribe to each source engine.
- Connect to the source engine of the primary machine (A) (see Managing sources).
- Create a new environment. For example, enter BD in the Environment name field and AAA in the Source code field.
- Create a new model. For example, enter BID in the name field. Add tables.
From your AAA source model, add a new target (with BBB
as target ID).
In the Exclude field, you can set the transactions to skip automatically from the replication process. To use this exclusion adequately, the following criteria must be met:
- The environment name (BD) and the model name (BID) must be the same ones for each model you want to replicate.
- The source codes of one machine (AAA) must be the target codes of the other machine (BBB) and vice versa.
Perform a distribution to the target:
Warning: When using a MS SQL Server database as a target, transactions cannot be identified in the journal. To activate the flags enabling this identification, you need to select SQL Server BiDirectional in Database Type list.This allows a good data synchronization from the secondary machines (B) to the primary machine (A), when replicating changes made on BBB source database to AAA target database.Select Trace if you want to see the result:
- Click on Distribute.
- Choose a Database type and a Table name syntax.
Connect to the source engine of a secondary machine (B). Create a new
environment (with BBB in Source
code field) and a new model. Then create a new target (with
AAA as target ID).
Note: If the automatic exclusion could not be performed at step 6 because the naming criteria were not met, or because you need to exclude only specific data from the replication, you can also configure the exclusion through the transformation tool.From each B machine, right-click the model and go to the Transformation and selection tool. In the Instructions, add the following query:
If S.JRN_JOB = 'REE_AAADDD' Then GoTo *SKIPon AS/400 IBMi sources,
If S.JRN_PGM = 'REE_AAADDD' Then GoTo *SKIPon NT sources.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for each secondary machine.
- The configuration is complete. Now go to Replicating in bidirectional mode to finish the procedure.