This section describes the installation steps necessary to enable the process of journalization (or log file update) on Windows NT Server machines.
About this task
Create a directory on the source machine to store the Talend Change Data Capture journals. They will contain the transaction records (updates) of the data in
the database, schema (and so on) to replicate.
Note: As the journal name is composed of the database name, if you have multiple instances, it may be preferable to create a sub-directory for each instance to avoid name conflicts.
- Choose a local disk with enough disk space to hold its journals. The volume depends mainly on the activity level of the database.
Specify this directory when journalizing each database or schema.
In the Manager, go to Start DB logging process. Now select the subdirectory you created before in Talend_CDC_Journal directory. For more information, see section Creating a journal and journalizing a file.. From the list on the left, right-click the name of the database on the left and click
Make changes to the source database. You are now able to see the following values:
- JPR (Journal Previous Receiver).
- RUB (Row Update Before corresponding to the value before the change).
- RUP (Row Update Past corresponding to the value after the change).
- JNR (Journal Next Receiver).