Refer to MS Azure SQL requirements before starting the installation.
Before you begin
Note: In case of an update:
- Make sure all previously installed services are uninstalled. Go to ddUniversalSqlServer_uninstall.cmd, ScheduleSQLServer_uninstall.cmd and SPVSQLServer_uninstall.cmd. and click
- Now you can delete SQLServer folder.
- From the Registry Editor, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Gammasoft\DataDistribution and delete DD_for_SQLServer folder.
- Launch setup.exe and click .
- Select SQL Server Source.
Once the MS SQL Server Source is deployed, you need to define the fields of the
Login window as follows:
- Server: alias name, as defined in C:\windows\syswow64\cliconfg.exe tool.
- Database: name of the database stored in MS Azure DB SQL Server.
- Select Azure SQL Server DB in the drop-down list.
- User Name: user@servername, as entered in cliconfg.exe tool.
- Password: password of the Azure account user.
- Driver: select an ODBC driver version that is
higher or equal to 17 for SQL Server. Note: Do not select the Native Client ODBC driver.
Talend Change Data Capture then creates and installs the elements required by MS Azure SQL.
At the end of the installation, the following message is displayed: Setup was completed successfully.Once MS Azure SQL source is installed, you can check the connection to the source database using the alias. Then launch Talend Change Data Capture Manager and subscribe to it. See Managing sources for more details.
Warning: As this Talend Change Data Capture source relies on an intermediate layer (Microsoft SQL Server CDC), the use of databases is pooled. Be careful when activating or deactivating the journalization and replication processes, as they will be shared with the other users.