Refer to MS Azure SQL Managed Instance requirements before starting the installation.
Before you begin
Note: In case of an update:
- Make sure all previously installed services are uninstalled. Go to ddUniversalSqlServer_uninstall.cmd, ScheduleSQLServer_uninstall.cmd and SPVSQLServer_uninstall.cmd. and click
- Now you can delete SQLServer folder.
- From the Registry Editor, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Gammasoft\DataDistribution and delete DD_for_SQLServer folder.
- Launch setup.exe and click .
- Select SQL Server Source.
Once the SQL Server Source is deployed, you need to define the fields of the
Login window as follows:
- Server: alias name, as defined in C:\windows\syswow64\cliconfg.exe tool.
- Instance: name of the database stored in Azure SQL MI.
- Select Azure SQL Server MI in the drop-down list.
- User Name: user@servername, as entered in cliconfg.exe tool.
- Password: password of the Azure account user.
- Driver: select an ODBC driver version that is
higher or equal to 17 for SQL Server. Note: Do not select the Native Client ODBC driver.
- Working directory: enter the storage account that
was created in your Azure account. See MS Azure SQL Managed Instance
requirements for more information.Note: Replace all slash signs with backslash signs in the working directory URL.
- Storage connection: if available, enter the storage connection string name that is displayed in Storage access keys from your Azure account.
Talend Change Data Capture then creates and installs the elements required by MS Azure MI for SQL.
At the end of the installation, the following message is displayed: Setup was completed successfully.Once MS Azure MI for SQL source is installed, you can check the following:
- UseAlias parameter has been activated in the registry keys. For more information, see DD_for_SQLServer registry subkey.
- Connection to the source database using the alias is successful.
Then launch Talend Change Data CaptureManager and subscribe to it. See Managing sources for more details.
Warning: As this Talend Change Data Capture source relies on an intermediate layer (Microsoft SQL Server CDC), the use of databases is pooled. Be careful when activating or deactivating the journalization and replication processes, as they will be shared with the other users.